Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bandung

God is Good! I made it safely to Bandung. It is absolutely beautiful here. I am definitely living in the country here(instead of the Concrete Jungle of Korea). We are about 30 minutes from downtown Bandung. God has truly blessed my roommate and I with a beautiful home to live in for the next two years. The house is awesome, but we are reminded every morning that even though the house is big, we still live in a 3rd world country, hot water is treat. We have a hot water heater, but it only works when it wants to and the school says it is life in Indonesia so thankfully it never gets really cold here. We have a two story three bedroom house, where we can sit on our balcony at the rice terraces across the street. The weather is also amazing, it stays about 70 degrees, with a nice breeze blowing most of the time.
The school is really nice. I arrived on Sunday, and started work on Tuesday. This past week was full of meetings and lesson/unit planning. It was a very interesting week, because we were at work all day and dealing with jet lag. I would go to work and as soon as I got home, I would call it a night, everyday seems to be getting better. This coming week is going to be a challenge, as Monday is our final day of prep before students start on Tuesday. I have tons of work to do before then, but know that it will all get done, it always does. I am really excited about meeting my new students, since I am teaching a 7th-9th grade Reading, 7th-9th grade World History/World Geography, and 10th grade Current Events. I am teaching a lot of new classes, so I am excited to see how the year turns out.
Today, was awesome as I was able to go to church. My roommate, two other expat teachers, and I all went to Bandung International Church which was very comforting. God truly blessed us today and I am looking forward to the fellowship there and a home group with my roommate and the other two teachers.
Please continue to pray for me during this transition and God reveals his purpose to me for being in Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment